Complete list of activities allowed from April 20
New Delhi: The government has issued guidelines permitting a few more activities for non-containment zones post April 20. However, it has made it clear that these relaxations will not be implemented in the containment zones.
What is permitted?
- RBI and other RBI regulated financial markets and entities
- Banks, ATM and IT vendors for banking operations
- SEBI and capital and debt market services
- IRDAI and insurance companies
- Print and electronic media
- IT services with up to 50 per cent capacity
- Data and call centres for government activities
- CSCs at panchayat level
- E-commerce companies, e-commerce functions for non-essential items such as mobile phone, laptops, refrigerators, etc.
- Courier services
- Cold storage and warehousing
- Private security and facilities management services; hotels, homestays, etc.
- Establishment for quarantine facilities
- Self-employed services like electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc.
Movement of people
- Private vehicles for medical emergency services and for getting essential commodities
- In case of a four-wheeler, one passenger in the back seat beside the driver is permitted
- For two-wheelers, only one driver is permitted
- All personnel travelling to their workplace as exempted by State/UT/Local authority
- Home for children, juveniles, divyang (handicapped), elderly etc. will be allowed to function. This includes observation homes and aftercare homes
- Disbursement of social security pensions and provident fund by EPFO
- Operation of Anganwadis
- Farming operations in fields
- Functioning of agencies engaged in getting agricultural products
- Machinery shops
- Custom hiring centres
- Services related to fertilizers and seeds
- APMC markets and Mandis
- Direct marketing operations for agriculture
- Harvesting and sowing
- Operation of fishing like processing and sale, hatcheries, commercial aquaria
- Plantations of tea, coffee and rubber allowed with a maximum 50 per cent workers
- Animal husbandry including distribution and sale of milk products, animal shelter homes, etc.
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Telemedicine facilities
- Medical shops and dispensaries
- Medical research, COVID-19 related labs and collection centres
- Authorized private establishments
- Veterinary hospitals, dispensaries and clinics, sale and supply of vaccine and medicines
- Manufacturing units, medical devices and construction of health infrastructure
- Movement of all medical personnel, scientists, nurses, paramedical staff, lab technicians
- Industries in rural areas
- SEZ and export-oriented units
- Industrial estates and industrial townships
- Manufacturing units of essential goods
- Industries producing IT hardware
- Food processing units, jute industries
- Coal and mineral production, O&G refinery and brick kilns in rural areas
- Construction activities including roads, irrigation projects, renewable energy projects and construction projects in municipalities
Cargo and essential services
- Transportation of cargo inter and intrastate by air, rail, land and sea routes
- Carrier vehicles with only two drivers and one helper are allowed
- Empty vehicles for delivery/pick up of goods
- The supply chain of essential goods like manufacturing, wholesale, retail, shops/ carts for essential goods
- Large bricks and mortar stores, dhabas and truck repair shops on the highway, movement of staff and labourers for essential services
- Collection, harvesting and processing of minor forest produce, non-timber forest produce by ST and forest dwellers
- Bamboo, coconut, areca nut, cocoa, spices plantations and their harvesting sale and marketing
- NBFCs including Housing Finance and Micro FInance COmpanies with bare minimum staff, cooperative credit societies
- Construction activities in rural areas to include water supply and sanitation, power, telecom and cable lines.
What is shut?
- Domestic and international air travel
- Passenger trains, buses, metro, taxis
- Interstate transport except for security and medical purposes
- Industrial and commercial activities
- Hospitality services
- Educational, training and coaching institutions
- Cinema halls, malls, gyms, bards, pools, entertainment parks, assembly halls, etc.
- All social, political, sports, complexes, religious places and other gatherings.